Isn’t that a pretty heart?
I thought so too!
I was so pleasantly surprised to find this comment on my About page yesterday and a great big thanks to Louie
Louie writes a great blog focusing on life through travel and living one’s dreams. You really should take a look when you get a chance! Thanks so much Louie. You may not have realized this but the last few weeks have been rather hellish for me. First came the devastating news we would have to leave our beloved new life in paradise, Costa Rica. Then came the daunting task of packing up all of the things we had brought and trying to fit them back into the dozen suitcases we went down with (forget any new acquisitions unless I tossed out something older and less treasured). Then the flights back to our hometown to see family and friends and scoop up what remained in storage before driving to our final destination. I have been trying to maintain through my emotions, exhaustion and trying to set up house before going back into the work force; but often I have breakdown moments, feeling I just cannot do it. Then I hear from my wonderful friends in the writing and photography world, grab my camera and try to get out and take some photos. That always resets my clock. When you focus on the miniscule beauty in the world, the big giant horrors tend to slide into the background and fade into manageable tasks.
When I got this email my heart just leapt, even though I am really not into awards in general. It is special because I know someone out there thought that something I did, something I am doing, makes a difference. The truth is, we all make a difference in our world. The real question is, “What kind of difference do I want to make?” Although I have been guilty of not always passing on these awards due to time constraints and, well, my general apathy towards being singled out, I am passing on the love today. If the joy I received through this gesture can be passed on, then I want to do that. And I will do my very best, Louie. I may not find 15 newbies but I will share with as many as I can.
So, if you are receiving this award from me, you have to do a couple of things. First, copy and paste the logo to display your award. Then, give 7 facts about yourself so that everyone can get a glimpse into the inner workings of your inspiration and creativity. You know, what makes you “tick”.
Lastly, find 15, or as many as you can, bloggers whom you feel could use the boost to their blogs or just a boost in general, and pass on the love!
I love you all and appreciate your support, friendship and great talent!
Love and Light,
On to the inquisition!
7 Facts About Me:
1) I love Motherhood. I consider being a Mom the greatest accomplishment I have ever achieved. My boys are my heart, my soul and most of my inspiration. I always wanted to be a mother and I was blessed four times!
2) I love non breakfast foods for breakfast. In fact, eggs are virtually the last thing I want staring up at me from the plate before 8 am. Tuna? Yes! Leftover pizza? Sure. A bowl of black beans with cheese melted on top? I may not make it to work. Not that I don’t like breakfast food at all. I just prefer it at around six pm instead. With lots of bacon, cheese, some grits and warm tortillas! You bring the salsa please.
3) I would love nothing more than to be able to take photos all day long and write poetry to go with them. If someone would pay me to take photos around the world I would be happy doing it 24 hours a day! I am happiest when viewing the world through my zoom lens.
4) My husband and I are friends. REAL friends. We were friends before anything else. Some people think mad, passionate, smitten attraction is the only sign of predestined love. I think we meet our soul mates for various reasons and they are attracted to one another in different ways. If my husband and I are at odds about anything I feel desolate because I have no one to talk to about it. I always talk to him when I have a problem. 😦 I also do not believe there is only one soul mate that we agree to walk with in life. For more info check out Michael Newton’s work.
5) I would (and have) pass up a steak dinner for the gigantic dessert spread instead. If there is chocolate on the table you will note me missing for an hour or so while I sample each and every treat.
6) I only started drinking wine some years ago after a trip to California where I was expected to drink it at a formal table with some of my work associates. With a bit of help from someone there, I was able to choose a mellow, mildly sweet wine that actually changed my mind about it. Granted, I would prefer sweet and dessert wines, no matter what I am eating; and I break all the rules about chilling wine because I won’t drink a drop unless it is COLD. But at least I am sipping with the rest now.
7) I still don’t like to stand up in front of a group of people and talk about me. As long as there is a computer screen between us, it is all good. But I will get an ache in my stomach any time I am expected to introduce myself and give a class. I once taught a contact lens course in Texas at the community college. It really helped me so much; and only because I loved what I did at that time did it go well. But I had to have an out of body experience every time I got up in front of that classroom. I simply could not be “me” and survive it!
Well, there you have it. Oh, and why do I write? My new answer to that is simply, “Because I must.” Or else I would die inside.
Okay, on to my nominees.
Beautiful Insanity http://tokoniutisbeautifulinsanity.wordpress.com/
Tokoni is a wonderful poet, philosopher and inspirational writer.
Web the Words http://webthewords.wordpress.com/about/
Lizzie is a poet, sharing her thoughts about life and its struggles and joys
I met this fine writer when he began a visit to my beloved then home Costa Rica. Blogging about travel for life, he shares the good, the not so good and the informational for his readers.
Peter is a hugely talented horror fiction writer with a world of imagination and the talent to bring his inner world to life on paper. He will entertain, amaze, amuse and horrify you all at once. Do take a look at his latest short story.. If you dare. 😉
Sharukh is from India and writes a splendid, colorful blog about all that his country has to offer from festivals to honeymoon destinations and in between. He also writes content for various online venues. You should stop over and say hi. You will enjoy his well written posts with lovely images as well!
My friend Paul is a terrific short story writer. You never quite know what to expect when one of his tales begins and where it ends will be a toss of the dice. Visit his blog for updates on his books and most recent work.
Okay I am starting here. I may add more, so I am reserving the right to additional award nominations! Thanks again Louie!!
PS Happy Autumn!!!!