First of all, big furry hugs to http://authorshonique for nominating me along with some other really talented and cool bloggers.
When I went to sleep last night the last thing to enter my mind was that I would be spending Monday posting about receiving a nomination for an award. I did go to sleep feeling rather invisible, as so often can happen when you are a writer, artist or simply a creative person in general. We can be islands at times. I assure you, however, that even if I go into desertion mode, there is always a ferry for those who wish to visit. My door-and my-heart are always open.
So I want to thank authorshonique for recognizing us and providing the opportunity to pass the love along to other bloggers whose work, dedication and contributions we really enjoy and appreciate. There are so many talented and wonderful people out there who keep us tuned in and pumped up-or calmed down, whatever the need may be. Please do check out her blog on google+ and her up and coming fiction pages on her WordPress blog.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT DWEEZER4.
1) My name is indeed Cheryl, although I rarely hear it spoken. My kids call me Mom, my grandchildren call me Maw Maw, my extended family have various nicknames, all of which are too embarrassing to actually put in print. More often than not I am called DWEEZE by my husband. This is a nickname of a nickname that he dubbed me with when we first met. Yeah, a real Zappa fan. It could be worse. I could have been Moon Unit for the last 26 years. Uh, no offense intended towards the real Moon Unit. It’s a lovely name. 🙂
2) I have lived in 15 different cities, 4 different states and 2 different countries in my life. (no I’m not a hundred-yet nor a military “brat”) Some of those moves involved returning to a home state.
3) I loathe change. I am a Cancer, a Nester, and a builder of burrows where I can surround myself with the things that bring me joy. I love my handmade and special gifts from family, artwork done by me and those who want to contribute to my collection, photographs of family and extended family as well. I love the energy that old photos give-the taste of my personal heritage. Of course the objects that represent my spiritual nature mean so very much as well. Alas my husband is an adventurer with wanderlust and eyes for tropical rain forests.
4) I am addicted to chocolate. Really. My husband makes chocolate runs. Regularly. It’s my “coffee”.
5) Mashed potatoes are comfort food. Like a furry blanket and a cuddle, especially when I’m sick.
6) The only monsters that really scare me are Zombies. THAT I can see happening…
7) I’m in love with Thor. Must be the hammer.
8) I’ve seen Serendipity at least 36 times. And my husband always watches with me. Or maybe he just tolerates what he can’t change. lol
9) I loved being pregnant. It was my favorite time of motherhood.
10) I never forget a friend. I try to keep in contact with all of them, even those in faraway places. We still call Costa Rica on the Magic Jack to feel connected.
11) I adore blogging and limited social networking because I have met so many talented, terrific people out there. At the end of the day I feel as though I have been to other countries, tasted wine, tried exotic food, sat for a poetry reading, read a collection of short stories, enjoyed a concert, been to a therapy session, spoken with a sage, and learned so many new things that I might never have even considered before. And I thank you all for that.
My Questions from the nominating author:
1. Are you happy and why or why not?
I am happy because to not be would be the same as throwing a gift back into the face of the Creator. Do I struggle? Yes. Do I ever feel sad? Often. It is because of those times that I am so very acutely aware of the joy that I want to know in my life-a joy I would like to share with the people around me.
2. If you had all of the resources in the world what would you do with it?
Well, I do actually. In my world of cerebral gray matter, I see that we are the creators of our lives. As much as we talk about wanting wealth, perfection and all we could ever hope for, I feel somewhere inside we understand that we can indeed have as much as we need to complete our journeys. But in simplest terms, I am not wealthy because what makes me happiest is giving to others; so if I had all the resources in the world, I would want to spread them around so that everyone shared in the prosperity. Wait…was I supposed to say I want world peace? That goes without saying. Peace within and without is my hope for all.
3. Why do you write and what motivates you to share this with others?
I think, therefore I write. My mind chatters constantly and is full of questions, thoughts, hopes and imaginings. I love to create more than anything really. To me, writing is an art form, like painting pictures with words. That is what I want to do. Writing should provoke visual images and mental awareness, inspire hope, encourage laughter and maybe even encourage a few pent-up tears. Keeping a journal is the best way to express confused thoughts. My dream journals still amaze me. So much work goes on in our sleep. I want to open myself up so that someone else might feel more comfortable about themselves.
4. Describe your favorite beverage to such a degree that I will be able to figure out what it is without any obvious clues (such as type of beverage, names etc).
I am a heavy hitter, a chameleon with extreme versatility. Although most prefer my chillier moods, I have more depth when I am not so cold. I can enhance any mood, liven up a party, sit quietly on a table, or spread myself across the dance floor on a wild night. I can be a little sweet, gnarly bitter, smooth or heavy, short or tall. Poured or drawn, I am always ready to bring satisfaction. I am requested at more get-togethers than my silky, sleek cousin. There aren’t as many rules to enjoying me. I can be slurped, gulped, sprayed, funneled, chugged, ponged, sipped (but not usually) and slipped in. Are you there yet? My head is my loveliest feature. :))
5. Easy question… thought you needed a break… have you ever dressed up in your parents clothing and been caught? Explanations are welcome but not required.
No, I valued my life. But I used to take my mother’s imported Japanese jewelry box down from the dresser and pick through it, trying on all of her ear bobs and coat pins, pretending to be her. Then I would wind it up to hear the music box. I have that box now that she’s gone but also gone are many of the pieces I used to love. To me it still smells like that time.
6. If you were a breakfast cereal which would it be and why?
Granola. A little bit goes a long way…:)
7. You have been banished to a deserted island, why?
What banished? I chartered the boat and sawed a hole in the bottom. Yay! I’m on a deserted island. I have paper, pencil and a huge supply of Jameson whiskey. By the time I empty one, I’ll be ready for a little conversation.
8. Describe your favorite vacation (either attained or planned).
They have all been wonderful, from all the years of going up to the Ozarks with family, to quick trips for holidays because, with four children, vacations become visits to see relations in other states. Finally came our long awaited excursions to Costa Rica. And back. I still dream of a visit to Ireland for it is in my blood. I hear Celtic music and want to cry, read about the moors and the seas and long to stand on a cliff, looking at out the waves while sheep graze nearby on a grassy hillside. I wanna pub crawl and visit a dozen castles. I long to hear an Irish brogue. I’d love to go with a girlfriend. Or my youngest son. He’s really a ginger and has always been proud of the Irish in himself.
9. What is your favorite personal trait?
Favorite and most cumbersome. I am an em-path.
10. What is your least favorite personal trait?
As a crab, I react swiftly and without caution when I feel threatened.
11. Name your favorite method of relaxation while keeping the answer completely rated PG.
Taking photographs. I become lost in the world as viewed through the lens and am no longer even in my own body.
ELEVEN QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1) If you could pick a completely different life for yourself, career-wise, what would it be and why?
2) When did you decide to start a blog?
3) If you could spend one day/or one more day with anyone at all, who would it be and why?
4) What is your favorite book ever?
5) Do you wait for movies to come out on video or are you a “must see in theater” fan?
6) If you had to go out on a survival hike and could only bring five things, what would they be?
7) What is your personal definition of a “hero”?
8) Who do you consider the hero/s of your own life?
9) Ok, in the spirit of Halloween, what is your favorite candy? If you say you don’t eat candy then what is your favorite “naughty” food?
10) What one piece of advice would you give to a new blogger just starting out on the road to self-expression?
11) What time is it now where you are? Go!!
My own nominees for this award..
jon-paul jones http://www.Jonny3Fingers.net
lilyscot Trauma Talk http://firstname.lastname@example.org
jennifer mallu/My heart, unscripted http://rajcmalla.wordpress.com
melonie’s poetic life http://meloniekydd.wordpress.com
I want to thank you all for your diligence to your blog and your creativity. May your light continue to shine!
Ok…time for the rules.
1) List eleven random facts about yourself
2) Nominate eleven other bloggers
3) Notify these bloggers
4) Ask eleven questions that the bloggers must answer upon accepting the award
5) Answer the eleven questions that you were asked when you were nominated
6) Link back to the person who nominated you